James Lawley, former GMI missionary to Brazil, went home to be with the Lord on February 12. He and his wife, Nell, left for the mission field in 1952 and retired in 1994. They were the first Bethesda Mission (now GMI) missionaries in Northern Brazil. They served together with their five children in Aracaju, a city on the northeast coast of Brazil. During his 42 years of ministry, James had many different roles and responsibilities and will always be remembered for his loving servant’s heart. He was instrumental in starting several churches in the Aracaju area, as well as training and mentoring leaders to serve in these churches. We thank the Lord for the legacy left by James and Nell in northern Brazil.